and the world shall know him as the British Weasel. Actually I just needed an excuse to bump the bat boy picture further down the page. Apparently it was creeping out the intern.
But anyways here are my favorite posts from the last year.
- This one where I mentioned a brief encounter I had with Ivan Maisel's niece. Not so much because it's funny, but because of what came to follow. So I'm thinking I'm making a off handed remark about my lack of game to make a few of my friends laugh. Well aparently Ivan Maisel googles his name, or checks to see who is linking to his articles or something. He reads the entry, email's the address to said niece and hillarity ensues. Of course I thought someone was punking me. But nope, the whole thing really happened.
- The next day I write an article about the kid who won the Jimmy Kimmel live professional tv watcher contest. You know, just kinda venting that I lost. Well some friend of Greg googles his name, emails the address, and here we go again. For the next month or so Greg himself apparently visits the site to see if I mention him again. I know because on the sitemeter stuff at the bottom of the page you can see that someone was signing on from Disney Studios everyday in LA. Which happens to be who would own the Jimmy Kimmel show. Plus I got an email from some kid who went to high school with Greg and hated him.
- actually that's all I got. I don't think anything I write is ever actually funny or insightful. My goal is just to provide some decent links from time to time. I mean, if I going to search the internet all day, I might as well do some good work for mankind and help other people waste time.
Friday, December 30, 2005
Thursday, December 29, 2005
Thursday, December 15, 2005
Friday, December 09, 2005
Since the Worldwide Leader is worried about offending people, they won't let the Intern link to this video clip of Barney rapping Hit em Up (nsfw). Luckily I have no such qualms about offending people. Granted this would have been more appopriate about 10 years ago, but it still makes me laugh.
from the brain of nixforsix at 9:12 AM
Tuesday, December 06, 2005
Have a Merry White Trash Christmas (video w/sound)
This girl is awfully proud of the size and shape of her tounge. I hate to imagine what would happen if she and Gene Simmons produced a child.
A guide for hot girls on how to dress at football games. Your team's recruiting abilities may be on the line young lady. Make your school proud.
from the brain of nixforsix at 5:18 PM
Monday, December 05, 2005
So over on usatoday.com they have a link where you can look at how each coach voted in the Coaches Poll. Which is great. It's about time they started doing this so we can know which coaches are gigantic freaking idiots and know nothing about college football. The winner of the biggest douche award appears to go to Frank Solich. Check out his top teams
3. Penn State (everything seems fine up till here)
4. Notre Dame (umm.. nope)
5. LSU (is this a joke?)
6. Miami (seriously is he still drunk from that DUI conviction)
7. Virginia Tech
8. Ohio State
9. West Virginia
10. Alabama (the logic here is astounding)
12. Texas Tech
15. Georgia (never mind the fact they just routed #5 LSU according to Solich)
18. Boston College
20. Northwestern (7-4 and unranked in the overall coaches' poll)
21. Boise St.
So let's recap. Alabama is better than Auburn obviously since they have the same record and Auburn won the Iron Bowl. UGA is not as good as LSU unless Saturday never happened. We're just blessed to be able to see Notre Dame play they are such and outstanding team. You and I probably saw VT lose to FSU on Saturday but Solich didnt and he's more than willing to state that they're better than other 2 loss teams like Ohio State, Auburn and Georgia.
As far as other coaches go, I guess I'm glad at how well SEC coaches rate other teams in the SEC. Of course I'd probably be mad if coaches from another conference did the same.
How SEC coaches ranked Auburn: #3 Houston Nutt, #4 Rich Brooks, Tommy Tuberville, #6 Spurrier, Richt, Fulmer, #8 Sylvester Croom.
Personally Spurriers list looks pretty accurate. He had UGA 4 and Auburn 6, which I have some beef with, but he seems to have the right rationale throughout his rankings.
I love that Tuberville ranked Notre Dame #9. He was even kind enough to slot bama in at 12. Which is one number more than the number ofsacks we had against Brodie in the Iron Bowl. Also kudos to Mark Richt for putting Auburn at 6 and UGA at 7.
from the brain of nixforsix at 1:22 PM
Friday, December 02, 2005
If you're not from Atlanta you're not going to get this. But Crash Clark the traffic guy for 99x and Q100 has been fired. You can get the mp3 of his explanation of the events here or the transcript of that here. Long story short, he was at the Jackrabbit Lounge in Buckhead doing a promotional gig and giving away tickets to about a 311 show that was only going to have a few hundred audience members. This girl said she would do anything for the tickets. So he had the girl perform oral on some random dude in the bathroom while he watched. Apparently the bar and the station management weren't too happy.
Maybe it wasn't the best idea in the word, but Crash is pretty damn entertaining. No matter what you did over the weekend, and how bad you feel, you could always wake up on Monday listen to 99x on the way to work, listen to tales of Crash's debauchery and feel better about yourself. Not anymore. Now granted he's been fired about 4 times over the last 15 years and somehow managed to get his job back, but it's still serious.
The best reason he's been fired? Back when it was Power 99 he took the station's van down to Panama City Beach for Spring Break. An Atlanta spring breaker called the station to ask where they were broadcasting from. The station manager was rather surprised to hear about this and fired Crash. Personally, I think that's bad ass.
My Crash encounter: Music Midtown 2004. I'm at the back of the 96 Rock stage, just after Ween. The next two acts up are REO Speedwagon and Journey. Being a child of the 70's these are two of Crash's favorite bands. So I happen to see him walk by frantically (wearing a 99x jersey with Crash written on the back). Apparently he was looking for someone who was still selling MGD because he doesn't like Miller Lite. So I yell "Crash what's up?" to which he responds "I'm on my way to see The Wagon rock it". Good times. Oh yeah by the way, REO Speedwagon rocks and Journey sucks ass.
Anyways you can possibly help Crash out by emailing the guy in charge of advertisements at the station at firstname.lastname@example.org and more info here. Also check out the site SaveCrash.org for updates on the saga. Here is Crash's myspace page, and there is always good info on the message board over at FredToucher.com.
At this point the guy is basically an Atlanta institution. He's been on the radio station of my choice since around 1990. I really hope he manages to find a way to get his job back.
from the brain of nixforsix at 12:17 PM
Thursday, December 01, 2005
I'm not the fist person to comment on this, but Page 2's Great College Hoops Tourney is ridiculous. The bracket has unfolded in a quite retarded manner. Who's your Final Four? UCLA, Georgetown, UNC and LSU. Why is that so ridiculous? Well UCLA, Georgetown, and UNC aren't bad picks considering how loaded those teams are. However the LSU team consists of Pistol Pete, Chris Jackson, Rudy Macklin, Bob Pettit, and Shaq. Seems like a pretty decent lineup. But then you realize LSU has never been to the final four.
So if none of these players were good enough in college to lead their team to a Final Four, how do any of them get mentioned in the all time college players conversation. Hell I don't think Shaq even won a SEC Championship when he was at LSU. I mean Erick Dampier at least lead MSU to a Final Four.
And the sad thing is you can't blame this on Scoop Jackson or Eric Neel. They let people vote. Which means a majority of people who visit ESPN.com and take part in these type of things are too dumb to make an intelligent decision.
All time college teams in the tournament I'd put ahead of LSU: Duke, Kentucky, Indiana, UNLV, Kansas, GT, Michigan St, Michigan, Maryland, UConn.
from the brain of nixforsix at 10:49 AM